Illinois Arms American 180
Heavy Barrel Version
Illinois Arms Company, Inc. (ILARCO) purchased the
patent and manufacturing right to the American 180 in 1987.
ILARCO design changes to the American 180 included:
- An improved feed block and ramp.
- A redesigned quick-detachable barrel mounting system
- A changed bolt face for better head spacing.
- A changed magazine capacity down to 165 rounds.
This change was associated with their .22 short magnum round.
- A removable flash suppressor which supports mounting of an
optional sound suppressor.
- A retractable wire shoulder stock.
[Return to History]